Home to Florida’s tallest launch coaster, a historic waterfront, museums known around the world and artisan coffee shops and food halls, Tampa Bay is the heart of Florida’s Gulf Coast.
Things To See & Do
The weather here is subtropical, reaching up to 33°C in summer and never hitting below 11°C (even in winter). It’s a great choice for thrill-seekers and outdoor lovers, but there’s also tons of culture for holidaymakers to get stuck into.
- Tampa Riverwalk: For a complete Tampa experience, stroll the 2.6-mile Tampa Riverwalk which links together some of the city’s best restaurants, arenas, parks, cultural centres and attractions like gems on a string.
- Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay: Experience world-class rollercoasters, enjoy live entertainment and admire wildlife here for the ultimate family adventure.
- River Boat/Kayak Trip: Tampa is home to numerous manatees and even wild dolphins. If you’re looking for a thrill, take to the river and see them in their natural habitat.
Food & Drink
Tampa’s food scene has skyrocketed over the past decade to become the culinary capital of Florida. Its cuisine is just as unique and rich as its culture, mixing fine dining with farm-to-table restaurants and serving anything from freshly caught seafood and authentic Spanish dishes to the Cuban Sandwich that was born so those who worked in the cigar factories could enjoy a quick, affordable lunch before heading back to their tables.
Where To Stay
There are several districts across Tampa, all of which have their own amazing qualities. Whether you’re a family, couple or solo explorer there’s something that will suit you perfectly!
- Channel District/Islands: Admire the recognisable skyline and enjoy an abundance of family-friendly attractions, as well as live music and sport.
- Downtown: Immerse yourself in the natural beauty that lies along the 2.6-mile long Tampa Riverwalk that’s lovely and flat making it perfect for leisurely walks, segway-ing, cycling or even boating. Keep an eye out for wildlife as it’s common to spot manatees, dolphins and more.
- Ybor City: Celebrate Tampa’s cultural roots in the former Cigar Capital of the World. Turn back the clock along Seventh Avenue, where Cuban masters still roll cigars by hand as they have since 1885. Take photos with wild chickens and ride the free historic streetcar between Ybor City and downtown.
- Westshore/Airport: Shop until you drop at the indoor mall that boasts major department stores, speciality shops, a cinema, bar and plenty of dining options in the food court.
- SoHo/Hyde Park: You’ll never be bored in these trendy districts that come complete with tree-lined streets, open-air shopping, charming restaurants and great nightlife options.
- Seminole Heights: A shabby-chic neighbourhood boasting eclectic shops, gourmet dining and a unique bar scene perfect for beer fans.
- North Tampa: Home to the University of South Florida, and not forgetting the city’s biggest and fastest attractions at Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay, this student hub has something for everyone.
- East Hillsborough: Tampa Bay’s East Hillsborough district boasts plenty of chances for adventure, inside and out. Enjoy your favorite slots and table games at The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino or hit the links with friends at Topgolf.
- Southshore: Hit the water, try your hand at fishing or drive over the iconic Sunshine Skyway Bridge where Tampa Bay meets the Gulf of Mexico.